Saturday, August 7, 2021

Another Surgery

Albeit it was a small one, Jim had to have a tendon cut on his other foot yesterday (opposite the ankle reconstruction) to relieve a hammer toe issue. This occupied most of our afternoon. I did manage to get the AQS quilt quilted before we left as well as two pillow tops to match.

Pillow tops to match the quilt
I'll often do this with orphan or test blocks to get some use of the fabric in a positive way.

After we returned home from his little surgery, I constructed the flying geese that will be used for the border for the heart project I'm working on. 

Flying geese for the border
Today is a quiet day around the "lake" so a great opportunity to work in here most of the day. I want to get the AQS quilt off, bound, and the pillow backs made to prepare for forms. I'd like to get the heart quilt top completed (great, another UFO to add to the stack of tops needing quilting) or maybe I'll just get it quilted???? 

I have to run a finished quilt over to a customer later this afternoon but that won't take up too much of the day with plenty left for me to enjoy the studio. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

All Of a Sudden

I looked up yesterday while working and all of a sudden the leaves were starting to pop out, our neighbors apple tree is in full bloom, and ...