Friday, August 27, 2021

Staying Inside While It's Cooking Out

Since staying inside is preferred I have gotten a LOT accomplished in the last 24 hours. Here's what's on the frame right now.

Deb K's 50th Anniversary top
I ended up getting about half of this quilted before stopping for the day. Mickey came and picked up her two quilts in the later morning and then another customer came and picked up three quilts late in the evening on her way to the lake last night. 

While working on Debs top, which I'm driving, here's a high tech invention I came up with to make sure I don't nail the belly bar while working away...

Clothespin and Yarn
The Ragg quilt is now a top and only needs to have all the seams trimmed. While tidying the studio I was also looking for a a new project to start. I found a tub of purchased patterns and some fabric and had a decision to make...

Which One?
The decision was to start the fast food one in the foreground since I can make that with mostly scraps from around the studio. And, since the doctor has me on a low fat/zero fried food diet, I can live vicariously through my fabric on foods I love but can no longer have. 

Today I'm running to Pieces for a background fabric for another project I found in the studio (will share later) I would like to tackle sometime this winter. And...she's having a wide-back sale throughout the month of August and since August is almost over I better go over there to take advantage of the seven or so I'm in need of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Of a Sudden

I looked up yesterday while working and all of a sudden the leaves were starting to pop out, our neighbors apple tree is in full bloom, and ...