Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Early Fall?

We have old farmer signs happening around us already this summer that may indicate we're in for an early autumn. The acorns have been falling for a few weeks already, trees are changing quickly in the low lands, and the birds are moving in flocks now. With the mild temperatures of late, and the low mosquito infiltration this year, I don't know if I'm actually ready for hoodies and turtlenecks yet. But there's no stopping Mother Nature and so we deal with it as it comes. 

Sort of like the quilts I work for people. You never really know what you're going to do to enhance their piecing, but once the top is loaded, a bit of research is done, and a few sketches are made, I embrace my decisions and quilt on. 

Here's what's on the frame this morning...

Tina's beautiful top done in Tula fabrics, I think
I took some pics of the quilting detail, but I'm working navy thread into the navy sections and there isn't really a lot to see visually. This top has seven rows and have completed one so far. 

After long arming WAY past my quitting time, I was able to get four more spools put together. I was going to do four more but had a wonderful conversation with a frequent customer who called last night. That was way more important and just as delightful.

Today I'll continue on with Tina's quilt top as much as I can. Mom is coming over at some point today to discuss our impending trip to Cincinnati this weekend. I think too we may need to get on these mowers later. The heat and humidity is supposed to start up again so we'd better get to the lawn while we have the weather in our favor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Of a Sudden

I looked up yesterday while working and all of a sudden the leaves were starting to pop out, our neighbors apple tree is in full bloom, and ...