Thursday, August 26, 2021

Piecing WIP#3 on the Wall

While letting DW quilt Sharon's second quilt top, I dug into the bin and unearthed piecing WIP #3. It's a Ragg Quilt with only half the blocks made. I scrounged around into the flannel tubs and found a few more fabric patterns that would fit into the muted autumn colors theme and started cutting. 

As Sharon's quilt was finishing, all the flannel pieces were cut and I then moved on to the batting. Thank goodness I have all sorts of batting scraps available for use. 

By the time Sharon's quilt finished stitching out I had those cut and I was ready to start putting them together. 

Here's what I got on the wall before 8:00 last night...

WIP #3
There is one more row on the floor I couldn't get into the pic. 

I need to remove Sharon's quilt this morning and get it trimmed up before loading the next one. Jim mentioned going to an estate sale today so after Mickey comes to get her two quilts, we may scoot over there for a bit. 

But my new customer, Deb K. will have her top loaded before the day ends. I may even start it since she already knew what she wanted to have put into it and it's easily started and stopped as time permits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Of a Sudden

I looked up yesterday while working and all of a sudden the leaves were starting to pop out, our neighbors apple tree is in full bloom, and ...