Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Another Top

And here it is complete.

Blue Plate Special
This is going to be fun to quilt!

I started working on the binding afterwards for the two baby quilts finished a few weeks ago. Started is the key word in all of that.

Moms endoscopy yesterday went well. Didn't get home until mid-afternoon so just started piecing instead of any long arming.

Nick, from our And I Quilt campaign for HQ sent a stitch count call out...

56 million +
He's at 62+ million. Guess I better get my arse in gear and get a move on. The yard crap and all that happy stuff had me busy a portion of my quilting summer. That's my excuse because I really don't know what else put me so far behind him (we were near equal about six months ago). 

While I was piecing the Blue Plate Special I heard a lawn mower and assumed it was the commercial mowers across the lake getting ready for the Labor Day weekend ahead. Then I looked down at the lake (as I do about a 100 times a day) and saw a head moving.

Can you see Jim?
Not sure how he managed to get the rider down to the beach, but there he was, mowing our weeds off, in all of his glory.

Today I MUST finish long arming Jodi's top and get these two baby quilts finished. Beyond that, I just never know. There are a few patterns to work in the bin and I'll see what mood strikes me once the day progresses further. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Of a Sudden

I looked up yesterday while working and all of a sudden the leaves were starting to pop out, our neighbors apple tree is in full bloom, and ...