Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Sew by Row by Lori Holt

This project book was in the bin...

Sew by Row by Lori Holt

I've done a few of Lori's quilts already. She has excellent instructions, options, and pictures/diagrams to assist even the most novice of sewers. While DW was stitching out Jodi's top yesterday, I started pulling fabrics.

Here's the pull
I started cutting fabrics for the first row first (scissors) and then decided, since there are so many fabrics, and rifling through them with each row would cause some mix up issues, I would precut everything. Since precutting the fabric for The Blue Plate Special (burger) top worked out well I started right in cutting. I worked until almost 11:00 last night (started around 3:00) and still have five or six fabrics to cut yet today.

But then piecing can commence tonight. 

I made a mistake yesterday saying Jodi's quilt was the one I finished; it was actually Deb K.'s quilt. Jodi's was the one loaded yesterday morning...

What's on the frame today
It's still on the frame since I can only stand DW screaming at me for so long. It'll be finished today though once I get all my Sew by Row bags off of DW (he's helping to sort). 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...