Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Bobbin Case

I was having a little trouble with the bobbin case on DW yesterday. I was either receiving no tension or complete tension stoppage on my bobbin thread. I fiddled with it for a while and got it a little better, but not stellar. I cleaned it. Readjusted things. Cleaned it again and it seemed worse. 

I powered through the addresses top and completed it's quilting, but I'm not particularly happy with the tension it gave at the end. I thought I had a spare around here and have spent the morning trying to find it with no luck. 

I've fiddled with the case a little more and it's a dead duck. New bobbin case on order and it'll be here in a few days. Meanwhile, no customer quilting until I get that rectified. UGH! It's always something isn't it?

I still have the addresses quilt to bind and the Zoology top to put together so I'll work on that most of today. Here's where I left off with the Zoology blocks last night...

Zoology Blocks
I watched a Handi Quilter video last night about all the feet we have available to us (I have them all but one) and remembered how to better utilize these feet in my quilting. It's always good to get back to basics and I came up with a couching idea for this top above. I'm going to acquire some low volume yarn and couch between each of those blocks in the seam line to give it some texture. Kids love that and I think it will set this top off.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...