Wednesday, September 29, 2021

A Bunch of Things

Yesterday morning started out getting Jills quilt off the frame once it was quilted out. While it was stitching I managed to get half the puff quilt tied. 

The afternoon resulted in trimming Jills quilt and getting backing/batting made for the Scrap Petal top. I didn't want to rob Peter to pay Paul in the backing situation with this top so I pieced four long gray and black strips together to make one. I wanted to put wool batt into it since this is going to be one of mine, and went to the closet to fetch one.

Except I didn't have one in my inventory. WHAT? I always have a wool batt in inventory. Scrounging around the studio and upstairs under the bed resulted in JUST ENOUGH batt to piece together for this top. I loaded and basted in the back and batt and waited until Jim got home to help me load the top. It's pretty fragile with only the fabric glue holding all the petals in place.

What's on the frame this morning

Here's what transpired with my stitching...

Working out pretty well
Once again, this is being advanced with the petal stitching and then I'll have to back roll to put in the filler stitching. I don't want to do this one very heavy because I want to use it as my snuggle quilt on the couch. Thus the reason for the wool batt. Jim likes to keep the house cooler and I'm always freezing at night while we relax before bed. 

Today I'm starting to pack for my trip tomorrow to Cleveland. I CAN'T WAIT! I didn't sleep well last night because I'm so excited and I have a few other family things on my mind right now spinning around in my head. I'm a little nervous too; venturing that far out without Jim which I haven't done in a while. 

No blogging for the next four days because I'm leaving out early tomorrow morning (well...early for me) but I'll have lots to tell (I hope) about my long arming event and meeting Lauren Jackson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...