Friday, September 17, 2021

Packing Them Away

All the WIPs completed in 2021 are either quilted or standing at the ready, including those shown on the loft rail in yesterdays post. 11 of them were photographed, labeled, and packed into inventory.

Heading to storage
Here's the project I'm working on currently...

All the little pieces

Cathedral by Alison Glass

I used Misty Fuse on these pieces instead of the usual fusible (Heat and Bond Lite). It's supposed to be much more pliable and works without all those nasty chemicals. And since I want a raw edge finish, it worked out pretty good once I got the hang of it. It certainly was a learning curve (had to clean the iron four times). 

I think I need to invest in another silicone pressing mat because I was trying to make due with just the one I have, which is how I ran into problems. 

Adhesion of these onto the background will happen today so should be fun.

The long arm bobbin case is somewhere enroute. Our mail person isn't delivering every day and choosing to skip us about three days out of the six they deliver. Once I find out its actually in Gladwin, I'll just go pick it up from the post office maybe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...