Sunday, September 26, 2021

Small Project Saturday

Yesterdays schedule was better for me to work small project day. And, I had purchased the new Magic Pins from Pieces and needed a new pin cushion for their home. Here's what I came up with...

Jims grandmothers coffee cup 

 Here's another annual small project I worked on for the house...

Go Green! Go White!
I finished getting the background section done for my scrap petal garden top...

Scrap Petal Garden

And while the game was getting underway and Jim was otherwise occupied I was able to get all the petals and centers cut that are required for the new quilt...
The flower petals
Interestingly enough, I've not yet added any fusible to these. I think, to leave the piece more pliable, I'm going to just fabric glue them down to hold them in place and instead quilt them down to give them a more frayed/raw edge look. I don't like the stiff feeling with fusibles and had already forgotten about the Misty Fuse (seriously, I had them half cut out when I remembered) because I had it in my head to just temporarily glue them down since the pattern isn't so stringent and very forgivable.  

I don't think much is going to happen in the studio today. Jim and I have been running non-stop for a couple of weeks now and we need a battery recharge day. Movies this afternoon and then maybe, if I'm feeling ambitious, I'll get off the couch and do some sewing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...