Friday, September 24, 2021

This and That

Nail appointment first thing this morning and then headed over to Pieces to see how the new building is coming along. Susan gave me a first hand tour and the place is going to be HUGE! Can't wait to help them move!

Bought a few items while there and am finally home for the day. We have sunshine now (it was raining earlier this morning) and will have to jump on the mower later once the grass has dried somewhat. Meanwhile I'll continue on with the long arming of Cathedral until then.

Here's what some of the quilting looks like in it...

A little of the quilting detail
Each blade has a color change and I'm using that color for in between and above the sections. This is an unusual quilting project in that I'll finish out the colors first and then re-roll the entire piece to get all the background filler put in.

After quilting until nearly 5:00 yesterday (was having so much fun) I finished the Puff quilt top.

Probably about the right size for Hazel
That didn't take nearly as long as I thought and would have started on the backing for it, but didn't have any pearl cotton to tie the backing on, so picked up the pearl cotton at Pieces.

I rummaged through my projects to see what I could make next. I decided on this one...

The latest project
I need 64 9" squares for the background and got all but 20 picked, pressed and cut last night before calling it around 9:00. 

Happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...