Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Custom vs E2E

It's amazing how quickly an edge to edge design takes on the long arm and how much longer it takes custom work to quilt. I'm only half way through the Linda McGibbon (Celestial Stars) piece but will continue to plug away at it this morning.

Some quilting detail

How I remember what I do in each corner

A customer is coming this morning to drop off a few pieces, and I have another drop off (or two) scheduled throughout the remainder of the week so my marathon days are probably going to finish with the Celestial Stars top.

After long arming I moved right back into the fruit top and this is where I ended last night...

Now to put these blocks together into a complete top

The "sections" had to be put onto the background pieces and once they were secured, the sections needed to be sewn down. All this is done on a block by block basis and then the blocks are sewn together as a top. That's where I'll head towards tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Of a Sudden

I looked up yesterday while working and all of a sudden the leaves were starting to pop out, our neighbors apple tree is in full bloom, and ...