Thursday, August 19, 2021

Shuffling

I have the privilege of having a rather large studio, yet I always find myself shuffling stuff around to work on other stuff. Like the design wall. I have a BOM in the upper left-hand corner, spool blocks in the top one half, and the two baby quilt tops on the lower half. 

I had to move the baby tops away to make room for last nights spools and while I'm measuring/building their backs I'm having to constantly put them in other places because I need THAT space right now. I wonder how much time is spent in here shuffling stuff around? But I am thankful for the space I do have because I know there are many (many, many) others who have a lot less. 

However, this is also a business, not just hobby work I'm performing out here, and for a business space, it is way smaller than many. This is called 'making what you've got work' which you do when you love something as much as I do. 

Here's what I have on the frame all ready to go this morning...

The first of two baby tops to quilt today
Yes! I have customer quilt tops to work on. Yes! This is my own top. But it won't take long to slip these two in. Before I quit working for the day, I should have Sharon's top loaded and basted in ready to go for tomorrow. 

I'm up to 16 spools so far and the pattern calls for 20. I'm going to actually make 30 because I'm not going to sash in between each spool like the pattern indicates doing. So there! I'll take these along to sew-in Saturday to either finish making or to get them laid out for assembly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Of a Sudden

I looked up yesterday while working and all of a sudden the leaves were starting to pop out, our neighbors apple tree is in full bloom, and ...