Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Safety Pins

Please, please, please don't bring me your quilt already sandwiched together especially with tiny little safety pins. 

You can barely see the pins because they're so tiny
And please give me enough backing fabric to be able to get onto the long arm. Notice how much I have on the sides. The top/bottom was the same way so had to attach an external wide fabric to the top and bottom to get it on to DW. I'm doing this as a special favor to a regular customer who is moving.

The six mystery blocks are constructed and I've started a new project from the bag! When I go into a project I generally just sew like a crazy woman and don't really take the time to enjoy the process. 

Last night, after long arming and hurting my thumb removing safety pins, I finished the mystery blocks and picked out the next bag project in line. The fabrics are all there and the pattern is kinda 1980's-ish but this new top reminds me of my snuggly quilt I use when I'm sick on the couch. And the sick quilt is in tatters. 

I'm taking my time pressing the fabrics. Starching them. Cutting them. And when I started piecing them I sewed slower than I normally do. I even trimmed after each block was pieced...which I'm really lazy about doing. I'm not in any hurry. I don't need to impress anybody or meet any deadlines. It's not like I don't already have about 150 quilts in my stash that I need more. I'm just enjoying the process and the passion I have working with patterns, fabrics, and thread. 

I hope to finish Pat's wallhanging today (if the thumb cooperates with removing remaining pins) on the long arm. After that, who knows? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Of a Sudden

I looked up yesterday while working and all of a sudden the leaves were starting to pop out, our neighbors apple tree is in full bloom, and ...