Monday, August 9, 2021

Sunday Squirrel

Since all my piecing WIP's are caught up, new projects are very welcome here. And, I've decided, since it took me seven months to catch up on all those WIP's, that wasn't going to happen again. One. Project. At. A. Time!

Well, okay, maybe two. But so far the one and done motto is sticking. Since the heart quilt top is completed I was able to get into a new project. Yeah, I should have been long arming my top which is loaded. But hey, it's Sunday, why not take a day off from my "job"? 

The newest project
This is an old (and I mean about two to three years) kit I picked up from Pieces when we were on retreat in January of 2018 or 19. I looked rather difficult when I initially picked it up and thought it would take some time to get all those curves sewn in, especially with the wedges within the curves. 

This is where I ended last night...

Progress so far
It's been very fun to build and I would have continued on had the closing ceremonies of the Olympics not been starting soon. 

Long arming today. Customers are expected this week to drop off and possibly pick up so it looks like the quilting marathon may be coming to a close here as well. I have to figure out a way to get more of my quilts on the frame during the busy times with customers. Still working on that one in my little head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Of a Sudden

I looked up yesterday while working and all of a sudden the leaves were starting to pop out, our neighbors apple tree is in full bloom, and ...