Saturday, June 25, 2022

Good Thing I Don't Work On My Back

Today's title makes it sound like I'm some kind of trollop or...😟

No, what I'm referring to is working under Rosie, in the sand, in the heat, with my head pointed down the slope. Talk about nauseating. And even after I switched to have my head going up hill, I was still getting lightheaded and yucky stomach feeling. Jim took over after that.  

I also hurt my left index finger trying to get the back corner cleat off with Jim's big drill. I'll probably lose the nail at some point. It even hurts to type. But we both put in three more hours last night and her deck is almost separate from her pontoons. Jim is down there working on her again this morning already. 

Here's what's on the frame this morning...

Ummm????? WHAT?
The customer decided she wanted more quilting in there, so I had to reload this already completed quilt onto the frame and get in more thread. I'm nearly half-way done and will finish this up this morning and head [back] over to Farwell to pick up some flannel backing for Z's quilt. His baptism is tomorrow and Jim can take his little quilt down (if I get it finished). 

I'm not going. Our doggie sitter is not available and with Lucy still having stitches and a small bladder, we'd come home to a mess, so I'm hanging here, by myself tomorrow, with the girls.

What's this picture about?
The border that was put onto both of the last two quilts, I'm assuming, was a 6 1/2" border (6 1/4" finished) given what I measured prior to loading. If I measure 6 1/4" from the edge of the seam outward to trim, this is the shrinkage that happens after quilting. Some of them have even more shrinkage depending on the batt/quilting/thread density/ that goes into the quilt.

Another hot one today weather-wise so it's a good day to stay in and quilt and shop. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

All Of a Sudden

I looked up yesterday while working and all of a sudden the leaves were starting to pop out, our neighbors apple tree is in full bloom, and ...