Friday, June 24, 2022

Summer is Here!

Our Catalpa tree is in full bloom and the weather is now saying summer is officially here. We have such a short warm season in northern Michigan and it's to be enjoyed while it is with us. 

I finished making the top of Zechariah's quilt. I want to quilt it with a white Spartan head and some Spartan "S's" but I need to get a snuggly backing for it. Maybe this weekend?

Kind of boring until the quilting goes in there
Nail appointment first thing this morning so a little behind on chores. The quilt top I started yesterday is about half-way complete so maybe that'll get done today?

Worked on Rosie for another hour last night after mowing. The rails are off the decking and the rails holding down the deck part were started. I also started removing the cleats and the lighting before getting dusky (mosquito time). And Jim got called out on a gas leak so the girls were cooped up long enough (Lucy can't go down to the lake until her stitches are removed). 

And it smells as wonderful as it looks!
I don't know if working on the pontoon today is in the cards. I'm down to all underside work and it's supposed to be another hot one today. There were some wasps flying around me last night and I'm wondering if there isn't a nest under there?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...