Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Learning New Routes

I'm a creature of habit. I think most of us are. I eat nearly the same thing for breakfast everyday. The same thing for lunch. I get up at about the same time (barring Crows, dogs, or Bluejays interrupting my slumber), I take breaks at relatively same times. I know where everything is (usually) because I take care of things as soon as I'm finished with them. 

Except things aren't where they were before. And I have to learn the route around the studio to get the marking utensil, to roll the quilt forward, to change out threads, to grab a pencil to make a note. Yep, I'll just get used to it and then the new long arm will arrive and I'll have to do that all over again.

But DW seems to like his new position out there. We have him all leveled so he doesn't pull or push at me while I'm working so here's what's on the frame today...

Small but mighty

When we planned this top together, we put in a lot of changes in direction of detail so I'm definitely not going to get bored working this one. I have to teach myself how to quilt a cowboy hat, a horseshoe, and a pair of boots. And then do all my regular work in there. 

Hopefully we won't be bothered with more thunderstorms tonight as we have the past four or so evenings. Long arms and thunderstorms just don't mix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...