Friday, August 5, 2022

Going to the Beyond

Jim's cousin passed away two weeks ago. Jim's great aunt back in May. My brothers girlfriend had a daughter who hung herself on Tuesday. Jim's moms boyfriend just passed away this morning. With the way the world is turning out, they are probably all in a better place.

This is why I quilt. It's my passion and it's where I want to be ALL THE TIME! This is my "better place" until the next one is ready for me I guess. 

Nail appointment first thing this morning, had to do a little shopping, ran over the Pieces to pick up a backing and some insert fabric for the turtle sitting here waiting to get onto the frame. Now I'm home and have to finish chores before I get into this quilt...

One of the blocks
It looks to be a portion of the Stitchers Garden I've done two of, but not quite. I see some similar or same blocks from that quilt in it. I've already mapped out the first portion of the quilting so it should go rather fast. 

Meanwhile, Chris is coming to pick up her quilt this afternoon and it's a good day to stay in and long arm since it's supposed to be a hot one out there today. 

I received something in my email this morning from Quilted Joy (the place where I get all my thread). It's a color card with the colors arranged in numerical order and a sample of each color next to it. I printed this off and I'm going to stick them into plastic sleeves so I can dry-erase the ones I'm getting low on for reordering. Very convenient! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...