Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Sore Arms

I decided to take a kayak trip after returning from my flash and smash appointment yesterday. I headed north (usually I go south) and wondered just how far I could travel given the current low water level.

I went waaayyyy further than I thought I could/would and after turning around, realized I had to kayak (paddling harder than normal) back through three very large seaweed beds all the while getting my butt back home. 

But it was a picture perfect kayak night. Little to no wind, mid 80's in temperature, quiet, and a whole lot of wildlife to see. I was able to see the damage done to the houses/cottages to our north with the flood two years ago. 

Enough about non-quilting things. Here's some of the quilting detail going into Penny's quilt...

I love swirls!
Hopefully the quilting will be done on this today. BUT...this is one of three customers I do binding for and so will have to tackle that once it's off the frame and trimmed. 

I got a call from my batting supplier and they are having a hard time getting bleached white cotton in stock. Not sure what's up with that situation, but I have a top waiting for that exact batt (I don't have enough here to do it), so that one will be on hold until further notice. Hmmm???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...