Friday, August 26, 2022

Off And Running

First thing this morning...blood work. Then, go get coffee at Northern Expresso. Head to nail appointment. Get home and do chores, change out of "go to town clothes", and go play with the girls for a bit to wear them out somewhat. 

Now I can work. Here's what's on the frame today...

Tina's antique Grandmothers Flower Garden top
This, I'm afraid, is going to take more than a day to quilt. It's going to be entirely ruler worked; each and every one of those hexagons.  

I did a before and after set of pics on how the frame ironing works on backing fabrics. 

Before

After
While this takes longer to do, it's entirely full proof. Ironing a backing, getting it on the frame, and getting it rolled up actually introduces wrinkles. This method does not, ensuring my customers have a smooth backing on their quilts. 

This arrived in the mail yesterday...

My new Cutterpillar!
It's a "light box" with a surface you can actually cut on. The light has three modes (soft, medium, or very bright light), and since I do so much appliqué, it will definitely come in very handy in the studio. It was my birthday present (early) from Jim while we were at the AQS show last Friday. 

Well, I better get to it since I'm a little behind already. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...