Monday, August 29, 2022

[Not] Working in the Studio

I did zero sewing. Zero long arming. Zero hand stitching yesterday. But we were in the studio working for over five hours. 

Our original plan of receiving the new addition to the mix wasn't working out on paper. Nor were any of the other options we played with using graph paper and "mock" pieces of furniture to scale. The room is only so big and we discovered something had to give. Bye bye sewing table. 

That opens things on the south end
The new long arm wasn't going to fit in that space we just opened up. It's too long (despite getting a slightly shorter table.) over reaching into the door where the girls go out. DW and the pressing/planning table had to be moved down a few feet.
Opening up the north end for Bernie
Hopefully this will give us enough room. Now that I don't have two sewing machines set up any longer, I'm going to have to do more on the long arm.

Here's what's on the frame this morning...

This could have been done on the sit-down
I'll get this done this morning and then load the next customer quilt. I did work all day Saturday, so I'm a little ahead of myself, but we have Labor Day weekend starting Thursday night and a whole lot of neighbors who are going to be up to distract me, to include a brand new baby. I love babies!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...