Thursday, January 12, 2023

Bookkeeping

I closed out my books last night for 2022. Many things to consider if wanting to own a small business is the many hats one wears. I'm used to this as a previous farm girl, teacher, etc. so it's not a problem for me. It just takes time away from whatever it is you'd rather be doing. 

Here's some interesting statistics from 2022: I quilted 155 quilts and put over 6 million stitches on the machine. I haven't figured the square inches I've quilted yet...that's tonights bookkeeping task. 

Did I mention I got new anti-fatigue mats for the studio? The puzzle pieces were causing me some serious stumble issues and I knew, given my lack of grace, it would just be a matter of time before I fell. Here's the new mats in front of Bernie...

Less trip-y
They aren't nearly as colorful as my other mats and I miss that, but I don't miss my having to watch my feet placement at all times. 

Still working on Mary and Terry's quilts. I'm going to be starting their last rows today. Getting a late start as I had to call my father this morning and check in to see how he's doing. All is well in Monroe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...