Friday, January 13, 2023

Stipple versus All Over

I detest stippling. It's actually one of the hardest edge-to-edge designs to do, which I CAN do but I'm puzzled why beginners are told to start there. And...I don't think it does much for the quilt. To me, it makes it look old. Did you know I charge the same for All Over designs that would be much more esthetically pleasing? Swirls, loops with flowers (or stars, or clovers), wandering flowers, wandering feathers, waves, waves with fillers, etc. They are all the same price. PLEASE do not make me do a stipple. 

Mary and Terry's quilts are done. I was in the studio until almost 9:00 finishing Terry's so I did not get to updating the long arm log like I'd hoped. Mary's quilt is off the frame and ready to pack up and send out to its new home. Terry's is still on the frame. That's first up on the list today. 

What happens when a border does this?

This is a problem
You gently guide it back into place as much as you possibly can. But there's only so much I can do; I still haven't received my magic wand in the mail. 
Fighting with me to straighten out
Loading two new tops today (Terry's second and Jills 'rush' top). Pics tomorrow since the one machine is still occupied. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...