Thursday, January 26, 2023

Threads Matter

The thread I was using in Terry's quilt yesterday was a Superior Thread. An Omni-V (V is for variegated). Superior threads have never disappointed me. Neither have Fil-Tec threads (Glide and Premosoft). For piecing I prefer Aurofil. But I've been told YLI makes a very nice piecing thread, so next time I send in a long arm thread order, I'm going to throw one of those into the order as well and give it a try.

Why do threads matter other than not having the headaches of pulling threads out that perform poorly? How about the lint factor? I see the lint build-up when I use a lesser quality thread in my long arm. I can only imagine what it does in a domestic machine. Breakage. Pulling off the spool. Lasting over the long run. Just a tip of the iceberg when choosing a thread. 

I'll stick to what works, what has less lint, what I know is long lasting, what is backed by company standards. 

Here's what's on DW this morning...

Pat's first of two
I've been planning this one out in my head since loading last night. I have so many things I want to do in here, but since it's going to be a utility quilt and she doesn't want heavy thread in there, I've had to check myself. 

Here is a little of what I put into Terry's quilt yesterday...

A nice hook swirl to soften the piece up a bit
I did get another row in on Barbs quilt last night (once again, while Jim was laying kitchen flooring), so only one more to go on her first quilt, and I managed to get another block done in FGV2...
Cute Zinnia
I have customers coming over sometime today to drop off and it's going to be hard to concentrate on quilting since the snow we received all of yesterday is so darn pretty. And the sun is occasionally showing itself making it all even prettier. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...