Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Con Ed

Like anything one is passionate about, there is always continuous education, or learning that happens with the craft. Yesterday, while working on Terry's quilt, I found myself needing less and less markings to make what I was doing happen. Light bulb. It was like taking off the training wheels. 

I have a tendency to over mark things, which is good, because I don't miss my end points, but it takes a lot of time to get the marks laid down, and then to removing them is another time consuming task. I still watch a lot of videos, subscribe to many other long arm quilting blogs/IG's/YouTube channels so I try to learn every day, but nobody has eluded to marking an octagon. I can't imagine why. 

Here's what's on DW today...

Terry B's second quilt top
This is going to be getting an E2E treatment, but I'm driving. I'm using (once again) a weird thread, and I want to be in control this time in case we have any thread mishaps (like the QOV last week). 

I didn't get anything done on Bernie last night. Jim was laying more flooring in the kitchen (YAY) and I was in and out of there seeing if he needed help, cleaning under the stove (ewww), and the dogs were in a dither about all the noise. They kept circling in and out of the studio and getting under my feet.

I did manage to get a FGV2 block done though in between frame ironing Terry's back for today and helping Jim out...

Barn Kitty. She'll get eyes and whiskers when it's long armed. 

Here's where Lucy hangs out in the morning. She looks so delighted...

What a life
We are finally getting a little snow this morning and I'm not expecting any visitors today, so it should be a productive day despite my poor sleep last night. Hot flashes a-mundo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...