Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Is this March?

This weather is weird. I'm glad it's mild because work on our dam can be accomplished. But seriously, the mud the girls are dragging in is about to make me pull what hair I have out. 

Terry's quilt is still on Bernie. These panel quilts require a lot of starts/stops and slow detail work so it's taking me a while to get it finished. 

Here's what's on DW today...

Paulettes first of four (I think)
I'll be mixing in Paulettes quilts amongst the others. She's not in any hurry and she gives me nearly full rein on them. Jill's quilt is quilted, but I still have a lot of work to do on it. Trimming, making the binding and then binding it.

Did I tell you I got a new phone too? The Arizona number is now my work phone. It's strictly for work. And, it will be shut off after 4:00 every day and not turned on again until 10:00 the next morning. Since we've gotten the new phone, I've received six calls/texts out of normal business hours identifying this was the right move. It's only been four days. 

I wasn't getting any quilting done with the constant out-of-business-hour interruptions. Everybody is important to me, but my main goal is to quilt the quilts, right? When an artist is in their Zen place, interruptions are like a pick ax hitting a chunk of clay. You can put the clay back together, but some of the littler chunks are missing and it doesn't go back quite the same way. My head is that clay. 😆

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...