Friday, January 20, 2023

Part of the Job

So this is what I did all yesterday afternoon...

Pulling threads
This is the quilt these came out of...
Paulette's Quilt of Valor
I found some red, white, and blue thread in my thread drawer and thought it would look pretty good in here. I actually found two cones, but used the one that had the most thread on it. They were two different manufacturers. 

After doing a tension check (different weight) felt like it was okay to get the Prostitcher going. While it was stitching out, I fired up Bernie to work on Tina's quilt. Then I heard a weird noise and knew something was amiss with DW. 

Thread break. Tried again. Same thing. Changed needle. Same thing. Did a tension adjustment. Bad juju. And then I looked at the back of the quilt to see what (if anything) was happening there. What. A. Mess! The 20 minutes it stitched took me (and then Jim too after he got home) four hours to get out. 

I'm switching thread and starting over today. I was so over this quilt after pulling all those threads. I shut DW down and worked on Tina's quilt instead. I managed to get it done while Jim was watching his basketball game. I still have to offload and things that go with it, but Bernie will get a new quilt top later today. Maybe the new thread I've selected will work better today. Here's crossing our fingers (and toes). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...