Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Consideration

Have we forgotten manners? Are people so self-centered that they think themselves as more important than others? I've had a rash of inconsiderate phone calls/visits with people who don't realize, if this was a brick-and-mortar shop, I wouldn't be open? And in all actuality, it is a brick and mortar; it just also happens to be my home. 

The boys counseled me over the holiday about setting parameters and this year, and I'm going to be sticking to those parameters. Charging rush fees (which I normally do not do but still take them in) and sticking to my hours (unless an appointment is made prior) for visits AND phone calls. I'm not a door mat and my business is just that...a business. I have to have time to actually quilt the quilts coming in and fielding out of parameter situations isn't getting the quilting done. 

Soap box finished. 

Here's some of the quilting going into Mary's quilt...

Lots of thread changes
Here's some of the quilting going into Terry's quilt...

Wool batting makes the quilting pop
I'll be working on these (again) today. Yesterday the day was cut short as we needed to run into Midland for an errand. And I decided to bash my face into one of the studio doors, leaving me with a killer headache and a sliced lip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...