Saturday, December 9, 2023

No Pics Today

Because yesterday was much of the same as the previous day. Reta's quilt is nearly finished but as I was working on the last hours' worth of work, Jim arrived home and suggested we head to The Depot to pick up drywall and particle board for the rest of the flooring and to begin the walls. 

It was a nice (weather-wise) night and I agreed we should do it while we have the time/weather on our side. 

So this morning I'm going to start in the old studio and work on Reta's quilt and once that's complete, move into the new studio to start removing the Tyvek on the existing house side to expose the original board and batten siding. It's a dark gray and runs vertical on the wall. I'm thinking if I paint the wide fore-facing portion and leave the channels darker gray, it would look really cool. AND, that's inside the closet anyway so I'm going with it.

It's better than purchasing new wall board to cover whatever is already there, only to be encased in a closet later. 

My ear is still popping and has pressure in it. I thought I had a handle on this thing, but apparently it's going to fight me. This is a residual from when I was sick week before last and have been trying to work through it all week. Darn winter bugs anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...