Sunday, December 31, 2023

Christmas Haul

We were finally able to have our family Christmas. My mom knows me so well! Look at what she found at an estate sale earlier this summer...

About 33 yards of batiks
While I really dislike quilting batiks, I LOVE sewing with them. These will make a lovely something-or-another when I run across the right pattern for them. The B's got me a titanium rotary cutter blade and my dad got me a gift certificate for Quilters Joy quilt shop. Oh, the happiness. 

Here are a few pics of the whole gang (minus one DIL)...
The B's plus one (on the far left)

After the gifts were opened

Tristan and Lucy really hit it off

Playing Mr. Rice with Ben

And the whole enchilada

I just noticed we took this pic after my mom had already left. That's not cool. But she left as soon as 4:00 rolled around since driving in the dark isn't her thing.

The hole into the new studio was a hit. The kids were able to go out there and play, play, play and it was nice to be able to visit with the adults while the kids were wearing off their sugar induced energies. 

I'm prepping for a New Years virtual quilt-along today. It's being hosted by Stichen' Heaven with Rob Appell and I can't wait! Rob is so fun to quilt with. His energy and mine parallel and I so get him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...