Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Now We Settle In to 2024

Since we are now officially over the holidays it's time to settle in for the winter. I love winter. I know. I'm weird. But I don't feel guilty not out working in the yard or around the outside of the house. I love gray, overcast days where I can turn on all the lights in the studio, turn the volume up on the music, and lose myself in the long arming process.

I hope to get the bulk of Anns quilt done today; still lots to do on it. 

I did some "self" sewing yesterday. Stitchin' Heaven from Quitville, TX had an all-day sew along via YouTube and I participated with over 1500 others around the world. What a great time! Lots of laughs, give-aways, and even two techniques I knew nothing about. Here are the first two blocks I completed at the end of the five hour cutting and sewing marathon...

Blocks A and B
These are all the blocks in the quilt, but the setting is beautiful and creates a nice pattern. I'll chip away at building the block pieces (along with Metro Rings) over the next few weeks so I can take them to retreat to finish there with larger design walls available. 

The house is back to normal now. All the decorations are down, the tree is being recycled today, and the furniture is back in its place. Jim still has to get the outside stuff put away, but for the most part, we are ready for 2024. With a little luck, our lake will return this year, and that in of itself, is starting the year on a high note. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...