Friday, January 26, 2024

I Do NOT Criticize

Plenty of my clients complain about how bad their piecing is or how their points don't match. Ya know what? I can fix that! Long arming and an experienced long armer can "alter" a lot of bad situations. And quite frankly, I do not judge. I'm one of the worse piecers out there. I mean, you'd think I'd be better after almost 30 years, but I don't stress about it. I pin very little and the outcome is all the same; a quilt for somebody to keep warm with. 

BUT...when you advance a quilt and you get a very nice, straight, almost perfect sashing across the belly bar...it makes my life/job even easier. 

Nice and straight!
I'm getting so excited for the new studio. The mudder is supposed to be finishing up today (although he's not here yet so I'm a little concerned). Jim is going downstate to work in a few weeks and I'll be painting while he's away. 

Did I mention the ceiling issue with the drywall? It's got issues and it's not the mudders fault. Jim and the boys lined up the seams (instead of staggering them) and this is going to be very obvious in the future. Even with several coats of paint. The mudder suggested a textured ceiling. 

I do not want to do texture. The long arming business is a very linty and dirty job and crap flies all over in the studio. I vacuum/dust bust every single day and the last thing I want is a ceiling that is prone to collect all of that. Especially with the furnace we selected which blows directly across the floor. 

I'm going to "Grunge" the ceiling instead. Won't that be cool? I have to find some nearly white grunge for my color inspiration, but I think I remember it having shades of pearl, white, light gray, and just a hint of teal in it. I think the "seam" that Mark the Mudder can't fix will look intentional in the grunge ceiling. Even though I'm going to be upside down working on this very large canvas, I'm excited to get to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...