Thursday, January 11, 2024

Fun Stats

We still don't have any heat. But we do have a space heater and are working with that to make sure the current studio is at a decent enough temp for me to work. But it takes a while to get the room warm enough. 

I did my books yesterday for month/year end while waiting for the space heater and here's some fun stats: 

In 2023 I quilted 136 quilts. 

Only eight of those were mine and they were either turtles or small wall hangings. 

29 were edge to edge and 107 were custom making custom nearly 80% of my work. 

I average a quilt off one of the machines every 2.68 days 

To date (meaning since I've had my long arms...not just in 2023) I've quilted 3,810,743.43 square inches. That number is actually under the amount because that does not factor in any basting or ditching I've done. The number only includes the square inches of each quilt prior to loading. 

Enough with the stats. Still working on Linda's quilt. Here's what is going into each of the arcs...

The quitting on the light areas shows up so much better
More of Linda's quilt today. I was stuck on the section below the arcs. I doodled with that last night on the iPad and came up with several ideas. I'm going to preview paper it today and see which one is the winner. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...