Monday, January 29, 2024

Nothing Yesterday

I did absolutely zero in either studio yesterday. No construction. No quilting. No piecing. We went and got groceries, new studio paint (the primer anyway) and some other things (ceiling fan, exterior lights), and some totes for packing away quilts I've finished and that need to be put away. 

Just a few to get stored
I'll be working on that first thing this morning before heading to the studio. I have a customer coming to pick up and another to drop off today and I'll be getting a new piece onto DW as I work on Mary's quilt on Bernie.

Here is the wool prior to washing; clearly my favorite
Saturday morning I did some experimenting. I wanted to quilt out batting samples using the same motif to show how the quilt feels afterwards and to show how the quilting "popped" depending on the batt used. I also wanted to show how the batting reacted to washing and unfortunately, that portion did not go well. The muslin I used shrunk beyond what I thought it would and distorted what I was trying to portray so I can use those as rags around the studio for dusting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...