Monday, January 22, 2024

No Internet

We had zero Wi-Fi this morning, and that goes for the internet too. That's why I'm blogging so late. 

Have already had three customers in and out this morning. One pick up and six drop offs. I was already in the middle of quilting out Joans quilt when they arrived amongst a pretty heavy snow. They are troopers to come out in this weather.

Here's what's on Bernie this morning...

Joyces cute pumpkins
I'll be working on this after lunch this afternoon. Joans quilt is now finished stitching out but not without a lot of colorful language. It wasn't anything DW was doing wrong. Nope. Her backing is 1" too short (which became larger as I advanced), and it's got a Minky (Fireside) backing, which is slippery as all get out. 

Because the back was too short, I was the side clamps. Meaning, I had to hold the sides as DW was doing the stitching. Hopefully I spotted all the seaming threads as it was quilting because I was also trying to keep DW from pulling the three layers apart without a decent basting stitch on the sides. I guess you had to be there. 

I know Joan will not be happy with how the density came out on this quilt. She likes it pretty tight and because of the backing/clamping situation, I had to go a little more loose. Why? Because the more dense you quilt, the more the quilt sucks itself up, and we were already working with a deficit backing situation. Hopefully she'll understand. 

Now I have to trim it. I'm going to only trim the top and bottom to start. I want her to be here when I do the sides because of the way the backing became increasingly more short as I advanced. She needs to make the call on how much I trim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...