Wednesday, January 10, 2024

No Heat

Woke up this morning and Jim had the "door" to the new studio all wide open and that furnace was just cranking away. Our main furnace, for the rest of the house, does not have heat. The furnace guys were already here this morning and apparently the mother board has blown. They went back to get one. Cha-Ching. 

Meanwhile, the backroom, spare bedroom, and current studio are all closed up trying to conserve heat. This on the cusp of the new six inches of snow we got overnight and the winds that are picking up out there. 

I can't work out in the studio until we get heat. Trying to long arm in 50 degree temps just doesn't work so maybe I'll drag my Sew Steady table out and my small sewing machine and put some blocks together until the heater guys reappear. 

I did get Bernadettes quilt done yesterday just before lunch. Right after a quick lunch I got right on Linda's quilt and despite not coming off the machine until 6:30, only got about the first 10" done. This quilt is intense!

Still can't see much of the quilting
So. Here I am. Stuck until we get heat. Oh how these modern conveniences are so relied upon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...