Thursday, January 25, 2024

Neighbors Good and Bad

Everybody has to have that one neighbor, don't they? You know the one. The one you wished would find somebody else to live next door to instead of you. Everybody on our road gets along pretty well. Except one. 

And, unfortunately, they live right next door to us. They've been acting a little off of late and this morning the girls caught him down on our property by the stake at the lakeside. We never usually see them until spring, so this was additionally troubling on what it is they could possibly be up to. 

Meanwhile, I'm making progress in the studio. Here's some of the quilting going into Sandy's quilt...

Wool just makes everything better!
While I was working on Sandy's quilt yesterday, I was frame ironing the next quilt heading to Bernie. Here's what he ended up with last night before shutting down the studio...
Edityas Dresden Plate pattern
The pic didn't capture the actual beauty of this top. I think when I have just the ceiling fan light on it gives off that yellow-ish hue and not allowing for the correct lighting to capture pics like they should be captured.

After working on the big machines, I put the second and third borders on the Mary, Mary quilt. I thought there were only four borders on this piece, but after [finally] reading the directions, I discovered there are actually five. I have the next two cut, but the fifth border is pieced and has over 100 blocks...which I still need to make. But, they're at least all cut out. 

More on Sandy's quilt today. And, watching out the windows to see if the neighbor heads back down towards the lake. Although, I think since I caught him down there, he'll probably not be back today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...