Friday, January 12, 2024

Still No Heat

We have three space heaters as well as the little furnace out in the new studio going, but today, hopefully, we'll have a solution to our problem. I have an appointment this morning and today I should be visited by the drywaller, plumber, and the HVAC guys. I hope I'm able to get some quilting done with all of that. 

Here's some more progress in Linda's quilt...

Here's the reveal

Yesterday I wasn't sure what I was putting into those weird shapes and this is the outcome. Do you like?

Beller's came up yesterday and came over for a visit last night. After they left, it was still too early to call it quits in the current studio and of course, my long arming mojo was gone. 

Sew Very Easy is hosting a free BOM using up scraps in your stash. I vacillated in whether to participate. I have enough scraps around here and it would certainly get rid of a bunch so that decided it for me and I'll be "playing" along. Our homework for this month is cutting everything out. It's a mystery quilt but she gave us some rough guidelines to use and said to not overthink it. I started working on those.

Misty Doan also posted a cute wall hanging on YouTube that would be fun to piece. I think after I get through cutting for the Sew Very Easy quilt-along I'll work on finding scraps around here for what Misty is calling "Make More". 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...