Saturday, January 6, 2024

Song Titles and Words

If you know anything about me at all you know I love music. I'm at that age where instead of just singing along to the melody I actually listen to the words of a song. Many of them, while growing up with them, make so much more sense now. 

Listen to some of the music you grew up with and when I say listen, really, really listen. Not only to the words, but the music itself. It's a wonder all todays artists do is remake songs of old, because honestly, that's the best music out there. 

Linda's quilt is sitting on DW just waiting for the batting to arrive. But what's different here?

Are those pins?

Wait. What's with the extra bar in front?
Okay, here's the deal. I charge a LOT more to do a show quilt. This is just the beginning list of reasons why. Show quilts should not be floated. Even though they are judged laying flat and how they hang is not gerenally a judge-able event, quits that are floated on the frame can sometimes hang a little weird.

I don't think any of mine do since I measure with each roll forward to make sure they are not veering off into never never land. But since this quilt is going to an AQS show, I'm not taking any chances. Since I have to actually attach the top to the extra bar, I have to pin the quilt onto that leader of said bar. 

But here's a glimpse of the quilt top before it all gets tucked away. 

NOT a Judy Niemeyer
This is actually a design by Lakeview Quilting and Linda McGibbon, who is on par with Judy Niemeyer and Jacquelyn deJong...as you can see. 

On a lighter (or hotter) note
This is some of the quilting going into Bernadettes quilt. She asked I put flames in all the black negative space. I'm going to work on that this morning and part of this afternoon before getting into anything of my own. 

The drywall mud guy (Mark) was supposed to come out today. He may still, but we haven't seen anybody yet, although, it's still kind of early I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...