Despite my good intentions of working partially on Bernie yesterday, that didn't happen. I was on Marty all day working through the Stars and Shadows. The day didn't start out well though.
The passive aggressive text received Friday morning was still on my mind and when long arming, you are provided with a lot of 'windshield' time. Truckers go through this same thing. The mind wanders and it's work that doesn't require a lot of concentration.
Apparently mine did because before noon yesterday I had to pull three sets of threads back out of what I was working on. I don't think I've pulled threads three times all last month, let alone in one morning.
I did get Diane's quilt set on Bernie though...
| Cute giraffe top |
After work I did my strip, made a caddy, made three scrappy goodness blocks, prepped the next jelly roll for more scrap happy blocks, and then I was done with what I wanted to work on. I have a pattern I've wanted to get started for a while.
There is a LOT of prep work in this top...
And of course the Riley Blake fabric I used for the checkers is already out of print since it was created in 2022. Meaning, I'm going to have to improvise somewhat. I'll see what I have in my stash before heading to the quilt shops.
No comments:
Post a Comment