Saturday, March 28, 2026

Well, We're Out Of The Tournament

Jim was up well past midnight watching the Spartans claw their way through a tough basketball game. We lost by three and are now out of the tournament. I'm kind of glad. Jim gets pretty worked up when his Spartans play.

I jumped right into Dianes quilt on Bernie and here are the border treatments going in...

I got a lot done in the morning since Jim was gone hunting for a box big enough to ship a quilt (the tie quilt) and getting more background fabric for the Pineapple blocks.

That was a feat. Not the box. That was easy. The fabric was another situation altogether. Here's the lesson learned on that; Buy and LABEL the fabrics purchased for your project. Buy enough and then some and then label it so it's not inadvertently used for another project. 

Which is what happened. I know I got the fabric at Pieces. That's where most of my purchases come from. But they didn't have the right color of gray and ended up with a slightly lighter shade. I have enough of the darker stuff to finish the inside blocks so I'll use the lighter fabrics for the outside blocks, which I think will actually work out okay.

But that's not always the situation. We had to run and UPS the quilt out and then get groceries after. When we arrived back home, and while he was watching his games I did a strip, a scrappy block, and constructed two more inside pineapple blocks; only two more of the inside blocks to go.

Today we are heading to Clare to look at washers. Ours is spitting out oil onto our clothes, it will occasionally not entirely spin out, and the clothes are smelling a little funny. The dial on the front hasn't worked since forever, and all the signs are pointing to it quitting. We're going to try to head that off. Thank goodness for a decent tax refund. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...