Saturday, March 7, 2026

How I'm Super Productive

I've kept track of my productivity over the past few months and I've come to some conclusions. I'm very productive when...

1. It's poopy weather outside

2. I'm talking on the phone

3. Jim is out doing errands

4. I'm not expecting any customers and can really immerse myself in the music playing in the studio

Yep, Yesterday number 3 and 4 occurred and I managed to get Virginia's quilt finished at around 2 or 2:30. Since I worked over a few days this week, that gave me permission to run over to Pieces for some fusible and the fat quarters missing in the cowboy boot quilt. 

Once we were finished shopping, one of the workers' sister came in with something she made while we were checking out. I fell in love. Asked how hard it was. She was NOT a sewer or a quilter but managed to make a stunning piece of clothing. 

I asked her about the pattern and Susan (owner of Pieces of Thyme) now carries the very pattern she used. Guess what else I came home with? 

Looks easy enough!
When I came home I put the purchased items away except for this pattern as I wanted to look through it and see what I was up against. OMG! So simple. And the lady I talked to at the quilt shop said the only hard part was the pockets. She said to look at the pictures first and then read the instructions, otherwise they are sort of confusing. Good thing I already do that anyway!

She made the one in the center in the picture above. I was even able to try hers on (I'm glad I did or I would have under sized it) and have decided to put a hood on mine. The pattern has many size, style, and extra options including hoods, zippers, rounded corners, etc. included. Now I'm on the hunt in my flimsy pile to see what would be cool to make into a coat. 

After looking through the pattern and trying not to squirrel, I made a caddy, quilted my strip, and then re-made the first block in Scrappy Goodness after Jim pulled all my seams. He's such a trooper. This is more like it...

I was so happy with the results of this block that I made another. 

Today will be a caddy, a strip, another Scrappy Goodness block, and I have to get this weeks temperatures recorded and houses made. From there, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...