Thursday, March 19, 2026

Hours of Operation

It's pretty simple. I'm open from 10-4 each weekday. I observe national holidays and Saturdays are with appointment only. Or, if you're in the area and we aren't doing anything, as long as you call first we can probably accommodate you in the morning. Please let me have Saturday afternoon and Sunday off.

I received a message at 9:01 this morning about a quilting question. 

Even though Jim is home now, we still have a routine to do every morning; laundry, house cleaning, dogs, correspondence, technical stuff, showers, blogging, etc. I don't get up until around 8:00 (I love to read at night when the house is finally quiet) so staying up until well after midnight is my norm.

That's the beauty of having your own business. Your hours are up to what fits in your schedule. For me, 10-4 works well. And please respect that people. You have a life, as do I.

Soapbox done. I worked all day on the Tie quilt for Judy. We headed to get groceries in the afternoon and then after returning home, I quilted the strip for the day on DW. 


I pieced a scrappy block and then separated for the next three. I also ran two test strips for the cowboy boot top. 

18 more of these to go
I think this will be a retreat project I'll work on since it requires minimal thinking. Jim finished binding my coat...

Waiting for the zipper now
I have the zipper on order and will install that tonight if it does indeed arrive today. 

It hit me when I was separating the next three scrappy blocks that I have to test irons and start getting stuff around for the retreat we're hosting. Since it's not at The Springs and we're doing this one from scratch (first time ever at this location), we have to provide some of the things we aren't used to providing. Big irons for the ironing station (which we're also providing) is one of those. I had to test a few to make sure they still worked since they've been in the closet for a few years...

In good working order
Today I'm supposed to have a customer coming to drop off, but we're getting some weird snow/rain mix and it's well below freezing. More work on the tie quilt but it should be done today. Hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...