Yesterday was the first "normal" day in the studio in a week. It felt so good to be back in the saddle!
I finished Diane's quilt up and we have the back to her next quilt being frame ironed. Once all the post- quilting chores were done, I moved over onto Marty to work on Judys quilt she made for a friend. All ties!
The quilt plan had been discussed during the drop off so I didn't have to think about it much. Here's the border and center of the partial dresdens...Then I got to all that negative space. I originally proposed putting rays off each tie, but after getting the markings in DID NOT like that at all. I called Judy to let her know it wouldn't look good and could I move in a different direction.
Thankfully, my customers trust me. She's leaving all of that up to my discretion and feels like I'll make the right choices for what I change it to.
I did start working the partial dresdens in the corner, but even after putting in two rows of echoing, they aren't spilling out into the negative space quite like I'd hoped. I needed to sketch some more and I think I've got a good plan going forward.
After shutting down business for the day I made a caddy. I have enough for the amount of folks currently registered to attend the retreat but I'm going to continue on with the ones that are roughed in so attendees have a choice in their gift.
I made a Scrappy Goodness block and then headed over to DW to do my strip for the day. From there I grabbed that quilt I whipped out last Sunday and started cutting up the pieces for my Elemental quilted jacket. I made the long bias binding strip needed for the whole thing and then I didn't know where else to head.
I read through the directions (again) and will start working on that today. I'm a little confused about the binding on the inside of the hood, so when I finally came out of the studio around 7:30 Jim had a Spartan b-ball game to watch (which we lost by two) and I plugged my ear buds in and started looking for a video to assist with my confusion.
Misty Doan (Missouri Star Quilt Company) did a video with the pattern designer making a coat from start to finish. BUT, they barely touched on the hood section. In fact, just sort of glazed over the whole thing. Huh? Maybe it'll make more sense when I get back to it this morning?
No comments:
Post a Comment