It's that time of year. The Instagram Quilt Festival. It's all virtual so anybody anywhere can participate which is kind of cool. I like to impart whenever I can. Yesterday was sewing machines and today is our quilt space. I'm going to combine the two.
On Marty all day yesterday still trying to think of what to put into Diane's quilt on Bernie. After work I had to actually sit down with my Sketch program and draw out a variety of ideas I had and think maybe I've settled on something.
I also did my daily DW strip before doing any sewing work. I did a caddy and then the cowboy boots were beckoning me to match the checkerboard fabric with a background fabric since I messed that up. I was able to pull 12 from my stash that are pretty darn close, and the diamond fat quarter bundle I started using for the AQS states worked well in most of them. I only need eight more pieces to get it all back on track.
Oh, and fusible. Seven yards of it!
Let's talk fusible for a bit. I usually use Heat n' Bond in the light version. It comes in a tube and it's relatively inexpensive. But it's stiff when applied and it gums up my needle when I'm appliquéing it down. I've also used Misty Fuse, but for these cowboy boots, that particular fusible won't work for me; too much waste and it does not do well with multiple layers.
I've heard Wonder Under #305 works well. While I'm at the quilt shop I'm going to get advice from them and see what they say. The pattern designer suggests a brand called Transweb but Tina at Bittersweet had never even heard of this so we'll see what we come up with.
Once I wandered through the cowboy boots, I made four scrap blocks...
| Step 1 of 3 |
I have guild tomorrow in Hale, but if the weather does anything stupid, I'll not be heading up. Although I need to since I haven't been up since I think October or November.
No comments:
Post a Comment