Thursday, March 26, 2026

A Crappy Day

Well, I had a great day. Very productive. Jim did not have a great day. More on that in a bit. 

I worked on Bernadettes Hometown quilt all day and will be doing that again today. Maybe this is its last day before being completed?

Here are a few of the threads going into it though...

I actually added one more after this pic was taken
After working, once again, past quitting time, I moved right over to DW. I should not do that because the difference in the Bernina weights and DW's weight is significant and I don't feel like I quilt as well because of this. Here's the last weeks worth of strip quilting...


We are more than half-way done with these so not too many more weeks. 

I did a Scrappy Goodness block and then tried to move into an appliqué project I started months ago, but don't have the transfer fabric to complete it (A Laura Heine) so pulled some other project out that's been put aside for quite some time. 

Remember the pineapple blocks I was making eons ago? They have been hanging out underneath the sewing table way too long. Yep, those are going to retreat to get finished if they aren't by then.

Here's what Jim had to deal with yesterday...

Increasing the riser height
Talk about a stinky job for him to have to deal with. I didn't even go out and talk to him while he was working because, just, NO! We have burned up three pumps in eight years and it's the lay of the land that causes it to overwork itself during heavy rains. He's trying to rectify the situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

On a Whim

The morning started out with the Temperature blocks and then I had to make a prototype of a notebook cover to see if I liked the pattern I...