Thursday, October 13, 2022

Back From Retreat

I'm all back home. I'm all unpacked. Everything is put away in its rightful place. Here's what I was working on when we were packing this morning to head out...

These blocks go together rather quickly
I bought a jelly roll for a needle quilt top pattern I found, but only needed eight pieces. I found a partially used jelly roll here at the house and ended up using that instead. That left me with a newly purchased jelly roll to use in something else. This is what I found to make; it's a MSQC pattern using a search of "Jelly Roll" quilts. 

Needle top waiting to get on the frame and the Witches are bound
The needle pattern (above) was found at Pieces of Thyme and will look great with some straight-line quilting. It's going to have to stand in line though. I was able to bind four quilts (the three I did on Bernie and the Witches), blanket stitched an appliqué piece here waiting for one of the machines that have been put away, and the Rayola quilt top is put together. Etheyl brought me backing for the Rayola top and I'll get that on the frame here shortly. 

I had a t-shirt quilt dropped off Tuesday night while I was gone that will be put on DW as soon as I can get Janes done. 

The Witches still need some work done to them. I don't like how they are puffing up so the capes need some more quilting. The faces are lifting and so are the ends of the scarves, which tells me they need some tiny blanket stitches put into them. I'll work on them some more on Tuesday at sit-and-sew up in Oscoda. 

Meanwhile. I have work to do. Time to quit goofing off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interesting?

This pic may be of no interest to anyone... The boys are naked ...but to me this is two blank canvases I get to work with over the week. Of ...