Saturday, October 8, 2022

Quiet Weekend Start

For a Friday night last night, the lake was pretty quiet. We were supposed to have Octoberfest today, but everybody bagged and had other plans come in throughout the week. Jim is on-call so we can't wander too far away should we decide to roam the roads since nobody is here.

But in all honesty, I need to stay and work this weekend IF I'm going to the retreat Mon-Thurs this upcoming week. The B's called Thursday night and said they would be here next weekend for a visit, so that'll shoot much of my next weeks quilting. So I think we need to stay around and I just need to long arm.

Here's some of the quilting detail going into Janes quilt...

Lots of thread and lots of meticulous work!
I'm expecting a customer sometime today. She didn't really give me a specific time she'd be here so I'm kind of tied down until she decides to head this way and pick up her quilt. So I'll just continue doing what I love with the fall sunshine filtering through the studio windows.

Oh, and yesterday. Linda was here to pick up her quilt (and drop off another), when somebody else showed up out of the blue. They thought I was a quilt shop and two ladies with their husbands decided to road trip around the area doing their own shop hop. They came in and despite my not being a quilt shop, stayed quite a while chatting with Linda and I. It's always nice meeting new people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interesting?

This pic may be of no interest to anyone... The boys are naked ...but to me this is two blank canvases I get to work with over the week. Of ...