Friday, October 7, 2022

Colors are Beautiful

I love making quilts with lots of color. Maybe that's why autumn is my favorite time of the year; all the colors making nature almost magical while traveling to appointments and Pieces of Thyme quilt shop.  

Here's what's on DW today...

Jane B.'s retro Dresden Plates
Actually, I'm told recently, these aren't Dresdens at all. These are actually called Chrysanthemums. Dresdens are rounded at the point area rather than pointed like these are. But, like cotton swabs are all referred to as Q-tips, I think this angular in the round type of quilt is just referred to generically as Dresden's.

The bikini ladies are coming along. Hopefully they'll be done before Monday so I can take them to retreat and get them bound. I picked up binding for the last four quilts I've quilted this morning.

My Cotton Cuts BOM came in the mail a few days ago and I worked on those last night and am all caught up. I received the Build-a-Quilt invitation a few days ago from Angela Walters, and I'm so tempted. I love doing her blocks and her color ways offered this go around are hard to choose from. 

I ended up having three customer visits yesterday. I have another later this afternoon, and then another tomorrow sometime. I better get busy since I was messing around on the roads this morning already and yesterday set me a little behind where I wanted to be into the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interesting?

This pic may be of no interest to anyone... The boys are naked ...but to me this is two blank canvases I get to work with over the week. Of ...